Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Compromise


The little llama, now in her twos, is also now into temper tantrums. Yesterday was about television. Seven minutes of screaming and foot stamping because I said no more television. When I ignored it and sat down to read, she came and stood in front of me, in case I hadn't really noticed the tantrum. I suggested that she go to her room to calm down. She did. Came back moments later, still crying and requesting "elmo countdown" (the desired video). I offered a hug. She climbed in my lap and said "I want to watch television." I said, no, we're all done with television. She said, "I want to watch curious george." I said, no, we're all done with television. She said, "Mommy want to read a book." I said, yes, one book and then dinner. She said, "that's a good compromise."

No comments: