Thursday, March 04, 2004

Note about Kerry

Kudos to Kerry for winning the nomination. One of my readers has pointed out the juxtaposition of two of my previous posts, the one in which I defend Kerry as being more than Bush Lite and the other when I bash him for his hypocrisy on gay marriage. Kerry's move regarding same-sex marriage was hypocritical and cowardly and politically motivated. And for this reason I did not vote for him on Super Tuesday. However, he is the democratic nominee and as such has my full and complete support. Hell, I may even donate to his campaign. Even on the issue of same-sex marriage he is a far far cry from Bush. Kerry supports a state amendment and only if it includes civil unions which would grant rights to same sex couples. Bush is considering no such caveat. And he wants to do it on a Federal level. On all other issues, Kerry is a good choice. This will not be an election of the lesser of two evils. Kerry is a good man and a good senator and will help repair the damage caused by the Bush administration. He was not my first choice. He was not even my second choice. But now that he is the nominee, he is clearly the right choice. It's not even a close call.

No comments: