Thursday, July 29, 2004

Inconsistency noted...

Yes, I realize that at the end of my last post I say that we should be inspired by Kerry and Edwards and in the post before that I said the John Kerry does not inspire me.  This may seem inconsistent, perhaps even that I flip-flop or waffle.  That is not the case.  John Kerry does not inspire me...but I really really really wish that he did.  I know that despite my rather blah feeling about the man that I will vote for him anyway.  I'm not so confident about everyone else.  This country needs some inspiration.  The Bush Administration has been force feeding us fear and fear is not inspiring, fear will not get people to the polls, it will keep them inside with their shades drawn.  Perhaps Edwards is all the inspiring this campaign needs and despite my more cynical self feeling that his speech ran into some serious cheese last night, my more hopeful self wants more... more "Hope is on the way."  Still, it is Kerry who is running for the highest office and if I could have a do-over on my birthday wish (which was in May)... I would close my eyes and wish with all my might that people would be inspired by John Kerry.

[despite the lack of inspiration, Kerry is clearly the better candidate... high ratings from all the progressive organizations, a man with integrity, with brains, who can string more than a few words together without sounding like an idiot, and a long long record of experience and dedication to public service...and he's pro-choice]

No comments: