Thursday, November 04, 2004

Let's Do Something

I can't remember where I read this, but somewhere I read about a woman who was able to vote for the first time, and voted for John Kerry. Despite the fact that Kerry lost, she felt that being able to vote was liberating, that she finally had a voice. And, just because Kerry lost, she was not prepared to be silenced. So she is going to write Bush a letter a day.

Now, I think that writing a letter a day will probably get me investigated by the FBI. And, though I'm sure that I will have several things to say about Bush, I don't know if I can write 365 compelling letters a year for the next four years. But I do plan to write him regularly, once month, to remind him that 51% is not a mandate. That 55,564,633 of us voted for the other guy. And tell him why.

Because I will not stand by silently out of despair and fear and watch my country go even further in the wrong direction.

No comments: